No products in the cart.
Yay for strawberry season. And well, double YAY for chocolate!
Here’s a colorful yummy recipe to warm your hearts 🙂 (by Tasty.co)
Ingredients (for 15 servings): 10 strawberries; 2 egg yolks; 2 cups (470 mL) heavy cream; ¼ cup (25 g) granulated sugar; ¼ cup (30 g) cornstarch; 1 cup (235 mL) water; 8 tablespoons butter; 1 cup (125 g) flour; 1 tablespoon vanilla; 3 eggs; 1 cup (175 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in the strawberries, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch (2½ cm) mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
- Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.
Set the table. And ENJOY!