No products in the cart.
We’re BACK and full of energy!
Ever since we discovered the beauty and benefits of essential oils, we’ve been a bit obsessed with knowing how to make our own products using them. This time we thought “Linen Water” (which is a fancy way of saying….scented spray for sheets and laundry.)
So, let’s make our own, shall we?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- an empty and clean bottle with a spray pump*
- a bottle of rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 2 essential oils of your choice (or three)
- distilled water
- optional label
- Combine 1¾ cups of water, 2 tbs of rubbing alcohol or vodka, and 1/2 tsp of your favorite essential oil.
- Fill bottle with solution and store the remaining liquid in a labelled, airtight container.
- To make a label, you can simply punch a circle from brown craft paper, wrote on it with a fine-tipped pen, and adhered it to the atomizer with a light coating of all-purpose glue. You can also find some adorable labels for sale on, yup, you guessed it, Etsy! If you are giving the spray as a gift, you can dress up the bottle with some greenery tucked into a twine bow.
Directions for use: Lightly mist onto clothing before ironing or spray lightly onto sheets and pillows. For fine and delicate fabrics, test a small patch first.
Essential oil blends to try:
- relaxing: lavender, chamomile, clary sage, tangerine
- invigorating: peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, wintergreen, grapefruit, lemon, basil, cedar, cinnamon bark, ginger, rose
Now go spray everything in the house from the curtains to bed linen, pillowcases and the towels in the bathroom! The great thing about this spray is the subtle fragrance as it doesn’t overpower you, no matter how much or how many places you spritz it. This also makes a great all-natural room freshener too.
Happy spritzing! 🙂