No products in the cart.
Spring is calling for some fresh recipes, filled with seasonal ingredients and beautiful looks. Here’s one that combines that look alltogether! (by bbcgoodfood.com)
Ingredients: 500ml double cream; 450ml full-fat milk; 10 large elderflowers heads, flowers picked; 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out; 5 gelatine leaves; 85g golden caster sugar | For the crumble: 75g butter, plus extra for greasing; 75g plain flour; 50g golden caster sugar; 25g ground almonds | To serve: 250g strawberries, tops trimmed; 1 tbsp golden caster sugar; a few picked elderflowers, to decorate
How to make it:
- Put the cream, milk, flowers, vanilla pod and seeds in a pan set over a gentle heat. As soon as the liquid starts to simmer, remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the crumble, tip the butter into a small pan and heat gently until it has turned a deep brown and smells nutty. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool at room temperature until firm.
- Once the cream mixture has cooled, lightly grease the insides of six 150ml dariole moulds. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 mins. Strain the cooled cream mixture through a sieve into a clean pan, discarding the elderflowers and vanilla pod. Tip in the sugar and stir to dissolve. Set over a low heat and bring back to a simmer, then pour into a large jug. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the gelatine and stir into the hot cream until melted. Keep stirring until the mixture has cooled and thickened slightly, so that all the vanilla seeds don’t sink to the bottom. Pour into the moulds and chill for at least 4 hrs until set.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Rub the browned butter into the flour, then stir through the sugar and almonds. Spread out onto a tray lined withs baking parchment. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden, stirring a few times. Leave to cool.
- Slice the strawberries, then mix with the sugar and 1 tsp water. Set aside to macerate for 20 mins.
- Turn the panna cottas out onto plates and top with the strawberries and their juices. Sprinkle over some of the crumble, serving any extra in a bowl on the side, then decorate with a few elderflowers.
Read for some beauty at your table?