No products in the cart.
You have an infinity of everyday things in your home and many of them have uses you would have never imagined. Olive oil, newspapers, salt, coffee filters, baking soda, vinager, lemon. These are just a few things you usually have at home and can do miracles to your everyday life, a part from their own amazing purposes.
So, you must be asking yourself: what other than reading my newspaper can I use it for? or besides seasoning, what else can I use vinegar for?
Here are a few tips for you which might transform your everyday life tasks in a much easier way:
- Eliminate sticky residue from an iron. Run the hot iron (no steam) over plain paper sprinkled with salt.
- Remove sangria and red-wine stains from your washables. Stretch the fabric over a bowl, cover the stain with salt, and carefully pour boiling water over it.
- Keep shells from cracking when boiling eggs. Add a few pinches of salt to the water.
- Exfoliate skin. Wash your face, then apply a soft paste made of three parts baking soda and one part water. Massage gently with a circular motion, avoiding the eye area; rinse clean.
- Brush teeth. Use a paste of baking soda and water.
- Ease stomach ache. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into 1/2 cup of water and drink for a safe and effective antacid.
- Diffuse the flash on a camera. When you’re taking a close-up, soften the brightness by placing a coffee filter over the flash.
- Serve popcorn or other snacks. The filters act as disposable bowls, so there’s no dishwashing.
- Clean windows and glass when you’re out of paper towels. Coffee filters leave no lint or other residue.
- Sanitize a chopping block. Run a slice of lemon over the surface to disinfect.
- Relieve a sore throat. Cut a lemon in half. Skewer one half over a medium flame on a gas stove or an electric burner set on high and roast until the peel turns golden brown. Let cool slightly, then mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of honey. Swallow the mixture.
There are many more, so read the entire article at Real Simple.
And make your life much more simple!
Snug Hugs everyone….