No products in the cart.
On the physic’s point of view, every measure that is known to men, such as time (hour), lenght (metre) or weight (kilogram), has it’s own scale of measurement.
But in the kitchen there are quite a few equivalences to be acquainted with, because not every recipe follows the same measure units.
To help you with any sort of recipe or any foreign cookbook, here is a measure equivalen scale that will turn your life in the kitchen much more easy:
- 1 gallon = 8 pints = 4 quarts = 16 cups = 128 ounces = 3,8 liters = 3kg
- 1 quart = 2 pints = 4 cups = 4 cups = 52 ounces = 0,95 liters = 1kg
- 1 pint = 2 cups = 16 ounces = 480ml = 500gr
- 1 cup = 8 ounces = 240ml = 240gr
- 1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons = 12 teaspoons = 2 ounces = 60ml = 60gr
- 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons = 15ml = 15gr
To help you out, check the following measure converter.
Isn’t it easy?
Just a few more tips to get you through and help you make the perfect recipe.
Always use the same measure, spoon or cup. Or buy the measure cups or spoons available on the market. There is no getting it wrong!
If you use a scale, be sure it is always calibrated orelse you might not get a good result.
To cook desserts you must follow exact quantities, as you know.
So go bake that special cake. Make it tasty and beautiful.
Get it on the table. Enjoy!