No products in the cart.
Homemade bath melts are the perfect way to soothe itchy skin while you soak.
Have you ever used a bath melt? They are fabulous little bath bombs of moisturizer that melt into the water and hydrate your skin. They turn your bath into a softening sanctuary!
The powdered milk and honey in this recipe bring to mind the land of milk and honey… a symbolic reference to the Promised Land, a place of peace where there is comfort and plenty, a heavenly land.
The bathtub is a great place for a little peace and comfort! A decadent bath is a lovely escape from the stress of daily life. PLUS it costs very little, has no calories, and can quiet the mind before bed.
Rescue your skin with this all-natural bath soak recipe that leaves skin feeling silky soft and supple.
Milk and honey are all-natural ingredients that are great for skin care.
Milk baths contain lactic acid which:
- Gently exfoliates away dead skin cells.
- Softens and smooths rough patches.
- Accelerates skin cell renewal.
- Tones and tightens the skin.
Honey is a natural humectant that:
- Attracts moisture and keeps in locked inside.
- Supports the skin’s ability to rejuvenate
- Helps promote healing
And the recipe goes like this:
Ingredients: 1/3 cup mango butter or shea butter; 1/3 cup almond oil; ¼ cup honey; 1 cup powdered milk; ½ cup powdered milk (for rolling)
- Melt the mango butter, almond oil and honey together is a glass bowl set into a small saucepan filled with boiling water. Do not get water in the mix.
- Stir in 1 cup of powdered milk. The mixture will be slightly crumbly.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of mix and roll into tight balls.
- Place bath melts onto wax paper or parchment paper to cool.
- Roll bath melts in ½ cup powdered milk for a decorative finish.
All ready for a relaxing bath moment?