No products in the cart.
October rimes with pumpkin.
- 1 medium-large russet baking potato
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour(more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted Butter(for pan frying)
Sage Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- a few sage leavesand a smashed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup starchy water(leftover from boiling the gnocchi)
- Potato Prep: Bake the potato and pull off the skin. Let the potato rest for a while to cool down. Once it’s cool enough to handle, grate it until you have about 1 1/2 cups of very fine potato shreds.
- Gnocchi Dough: Mix potato shreds with pumpkin puree. Measure flour onto a clean surface and put the potato/pumpkin mixture in the center. Make a well and crack your egg into it. Sprinkle salt on top. Grab a fork and whisk up the egg real quick. Using your hands, mix all ingredients into dough. Don’t overmix. When it starts to come together, form the dough into a mostly-smooth, rounded little loaf.
- Gnocchi Prep: Cut off slices of the mound and roll each one into a long rope. Cut the rope into bite sized pieces. Place the gnocchi pieces on a plate (make sure they’ve got a little flour coating so they don’t stick).
- Cooking the Gnocchi: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi, carefully, one at a time, to the water. You may need to work in batches. When the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot of boiling water, immediately remove them with a slotted spoon. Set aside. Melt your butter in a large nonstick Pan fry the gnocchi, undisturbed, to get one side lightly crispy and leave the other side soft. Remove from pan and set aside to wait for sauce.
- Butter Sauce: In the same pan, add butter, sage leaves, and garlic clove. Let the garlic and sage cook for a few minutes over low heat. When the sage leaves are starting to get crispy, remove from heat. Remove garlic as well. When it’s melted, add the flour and whisk. Add the heavy cream and whisk. Add the starchy water slowly, whisking to make a sauce that is the consistency you want. Toss with gnocchi, top with sage leaves and parmesan.
Ready to be amazed?
Cook it, get your table ready (surely with your Snug Hug & Co. 100% linen tablecloth) and just be HAPPY 🙂