No products in the cart.
Everyone loves a good lemon tart. The contrast between the acid and the sweet always helps lifting you up, doesn’t it?
Here is an amazing lemon tart recipe that will surely brighten up your day(s) (by simply-delicious-food.com)
- for the sweet shortcrust pastry | 250g cold butter, cubed, 400g flour, 100g icing sugar, zest of 1 lemon, 2 egg yolks, 3-4T ice water
- for the filling, 500ml cream, 250g sugar, 9 extra-large, free range eggs, 250ml lemon juice, zest of 2 lemons
- To make the pastry, combine the butter, icing sugar, flour and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles rough bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolks and with the blender running, pour in the water, spoon by spoon until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and shape into 2 discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c. Roll the chilled pastry out on a floured surface and press into 2x 28cm tart cases.
- Blind bake the pastry for 10 minutes then remove the baking paper and baking beans and return the pastry back to the oven for another 10 minutes to finish baking.
- Remove and set aside while you make the filling. Turn the oven down to 100°c.
- For the filling, heat the cream and sugar in a saucepan until small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan, do not allow to boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- When the cream is hot, slowly pour into the eggs, whilst continuously whisking.
- Pour in the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well.
- Strain the mixture into a jug and carefully pour into the baked tart cases.
- Bake the tart for 50 minutes until the edges are set and the centre is still slightly jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge to cool completely.
- When you are ready to serve, slice the tart and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
So, get your lemons, your kitchen gadjets, your tart mold… and get this amazing lemon tart DONE!
Snug baking everyone 🙂