No products in the cart.
Sugar can be very good for your skin.
Those expensive sugar scrubs you see in department stores and spas… they cost pennies to make! Sugar scrubs are a simple beauty recipe with countless variations, and they can be incredibly moisturizing and exfoliating to the skin.
They can be used on face, body, and (especially) feet, for silky skin. You can add endless ingredients for your desired outcome, and they take under ten minutes to make.
Here’s the basic recipe:
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown sugar- preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup oil (olive oil and coconut oil work great)
- Optional: essential oils of your preference
How to get your DIY skills on the go:
- Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight jar.
- Use 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse will. it will leave your skin feeling like silk.
Does it get more easy than this?
Of course there are lots of variations you can make. Here are just a few:
Sugar Scrub variations:
- Pumpkin Pie Scrub: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spices (or just 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil and 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Lemon Hand Scrub (for after washing dishes): 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 15-20 drops (or more) of lemon or orange essential oil
- Vanilla Lavender Relaxing Facial Scrub: 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract and 15 drops lavender essential oil
So, get your shower running, use one of your DIY homemade sugar srubs and end it up wrapping yourself in one of our amazing confy Snug Hug & Co, bath towels.
You’ll feel GREAT 🙂